Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2269493 - 04/21/22 09:45 PM CD estimated taxes not due for 2 full years
ADN Offline
100 Club
We are working on a loan closing that the preliminary title work shows taxes not due until 2024. We are wondering how to fill out the Closing Disclosure Estimated Taxes, Ins & Assessments section. Would be use $0 for the tax amount or should we utilize the amount that won't be due until 2024?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2269500 - 04/22/22 12:29 PM Re: CD estimated taxes not due for 2 full years ADN
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
That section is to disclose the estimated taxes, insurance, flood insurance etc. that will be required in relation to the property. Those payments should also be included in your ATR calculation.

The bank is to disclose those estimates and then indicate if they will be included in an Escrow account.

Regulation Z 1026.37(c)
(c) Projected payments. In a separate table under the heading “Projected Payments,” an itemization of each separate periodic payment or range of payments, together with an estimate of taxes, insurance, and assessments and the payments to be made with escrow account funds.
(4) Taxes, insurance, and assessments. Under the information required by paragraphs (c)(1) through (3) of this section:
(i) The label “Taxes, Insurance & Assessments”;(ii) The sum of the charges identified in § 1026.43(b)(8), other than amounts identified in § 1026.4(b)(5), expressed as a monthly amount, even if no escrow account for the payment of some or any of such charges will be established;

Regulation Z 1026.38(c)
(c) Projected payments. A separate table, under the heading “Projected Payments,” that includes and satisfies the following information and requirements:
(2) Estimated taxes, insurance, and assessments. A reference to the disclosure required by paragraph (l)(7) of this section.
Official Interpretation
38(c) Projected payments.
1. In general. For guidance on the disclosure of the projected payments table, see § 1026.37(c) and its commentary.

Return to Top
#2269503 - 04/22/22 01:25 PM Re: CD estimated taxes not due for 2 full years ADN
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Dan is correct, it would not impact the ETI&A on page on, but it would impact the escrow chart on Page 4 of the CD. Your doc prep system is probably not set up for that.

Return to Top
#2269525 - 04/22/22 02:49 PM Re: CD estimated taxes not due for 2 full years ADN
ADN Offline
100 Club
Thank you for the responses. You are correct, our system is not set up to accomodate that and I'm unsure how to proceed. We actually several loans like this in the pipeline with this scenario right now due to the fast growth of our area and new construction.

Return to Top