BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2269746 - 04/28/22 12:13 AM Anyone using Electronic Safe Deposit Records
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
I've been asked to develop some SDB content where there was none, and all of my experience and resources indicate that this is hugely a manual/paper process. The customer signs entrance tickets, we have files where we store the contract where we match their signature, we may use a Record of Call, we note the history of the box on a history card, etc.

Do any of you have some sort of electronic process for all of this? I'm not referring to a core system that keeps track of the boxes for rental, income, etc. - I'm looking for more of an online record-keeping process as opposed to the card files many of us grew up with.

Admittedly, I've been away from the front line of dealing with SDBs and was even surprised to learn about SunTrust's use of robotic boxes (if they're still in use). I'm interested to know if anyone has truly "automated" the process in some way, and if you have - please share! Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2269747 - 04/28/22 02:20 AM Re: Anyone using Electronic Safe Deposit Records BBoyd
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
As part of your research, I also recommend discussing these possibilities with legal counsel that is familiar with Safe Deposit Law in your state to see what records are required for documenting access as well as your insurance company so see if they have any requirements for what they expect for records.

Return to Top
#2269748 - 04/28/22 02:25 AM Re: Anyone using Electronic Safe Deposit Records BrianC
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Good advice! In talking with a former co-worker (who still uses paper), we discussed that it seems possible that all contracts could be scanned - similar to signature cards at most banks - and that the customer could sign in on an iPad (similar to many restaurants). The signature could be validated against the uploaded contract and the customer verified. I'm just wondering if any folks are actually DOING it and what their process is.

Return to Top
#2269749 - 04/28/22 12:23 PM Re: Anyone using Electronic Safe Deposit Records BBoyd
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There are systems out there also. I know nothing about them: https://sqnbankingsystems.com/solutions/safe-deposit-box-management/

Return to Top
#2269764 - 04/28/22 02:03 PM Re: Anyone using Electronic Safe Deposit Records rlcarey
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
This is awesome - thanks. I'm still hoping to find someone with hands-on experience.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett