Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2269728 - 04/27/22 07:39 PM ENTITY TYPE CHANGE & BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP
aherbert Offline
We have a commercial customer who has a few accounts with us as an incorporated entity. This customer provided a certificate of conversion and changed the entity type from Incorporation to an LLC. The customer is the sole member. The EIN from the incorporation has not changed. Our customer service rep made the change to the account and attempted to proceed with changing the entity type on the customer's other accounts but was specifically told not to by the customer. They only wanted one of their accounts updated to reflect the LLC, while the others remain as Inc.

The alarms are sounding for me but there is a disagreement as to whether we need to get updated beneficial ownership forms reflecting the entity type change. I don't understand how we can justify changing the type on one account but not the others. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before "bothering" the customer. I understand this is a difficult customer not to be contacted unless absolutely necessary. What am I overlooking here?
Last edited by aherbert; 04/27/22 08:39 PM.
Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2269739 - 04/27/22 08:32 PM Re: ENTITY TYPE CHANGE & BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP aherbert
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If the corporation was converted to an LLC, then the corporation no longer exists. How can it still have accounts?

Return to Top
#2269744 - 04/27/22 10:03 PM Re: ENTITY TYPE CHANGE & BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP aherbert
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Same as Randy, the old corporation no longer exists and cannot do business as a corporation.

Return to Top
#2269755 - 04/28/22 01:20 PM Re: ENTITY TYPE CHANGE & BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP aherbert
aherbert Offline
Those were my thoughts as well. Thank you guys for the response!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z