Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2270385 - 05/12/22 05:06 PM Suspicious -Cash from Business Applied to Personal
aherbert Offline
Good afternoon all,

I'm working on writing up a report for a business owner who deposited cash saved up from the business to their personal account. This customer deposited funds just below the CTR reporting threshold to the personal account, checked the balance, deposited an additional amount of cash just under the reporting threshold then checked the balance again. Clearly this appears to be an attempt of structuring...I'm also concerned about tax evasion. The customer offered up to the teller that they didn't want to show that much profit to the business. So many alarms going off in my head...

Any other reporting reasons that I should be on the lookout for?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2270387 - 05/12/22 05:21 PM Re: Suspicious -Cash from Business Applied to Personal aherbert
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Nothing besides closing the accounts so this is the last occurrence you have to report.

Return to Top
#2270396 - 05/12/22 07:08 PM Re: Suspicious -Cash from Business Applied to Personal aherbert
aherbert Offline
I don't disagree! Thank you!

Return to Top
#2270418 - 05/13/22 03:44 PM Re: Suspicious -Cash from Business Applied to Personal aherbert
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I would think that filing a SAR would be in order since the transaction is over $5,000, you have a subject, and you suspect structing.

I would also conduct a lookback on the customers relationships to see if there is anything else.
Last edited by edAudit; 05/13/22 03:50 PM.

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z