Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2270982 - 05/27/22 03:21 PM Dealers and Applicants Signing Electronically
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
We are involved indirect lending and have some dealerships who are wanting to move in the direction of getting documents signed electronically (for example: in situations where the car is delivered to the customer at home, and they never actually step foot in the dealership any more, so borrower would e-sign from their home/phone etc.). Bank would have a audit trail providing an IP address, but it wouldn't provide a location where the signature was provided). Are there compliance concerns/issues with this? or is this more of a legal/agreement type concern/issue? We plan to discuss with our legal counsel, but also wondered about any compliance concerns or issues. Thanks.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2270989 - 05/27/22 04:02 PM Re: Dealers and Applicants Signing Electronically TeamComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Outside of making sure that the dealer is complying with E-Sign for disclosure delivery, I would be relying on my legal counsel regarding the E-Signature issue.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z