Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2271965 - 06/22/22 05:08 PM Beneficial Ownership Certification Form
Candice Offline
New Poster
I am currently in the process of getting a BSA/AML Program established for a new bank. I have a question on the Beneficial Ownership Certification form. I have seen these forms with 2 different versions of the signed acknowledgement:

I, ______________ (name of natural person opening account), hereby certify, to the best of my knowledge, that th3e information provided above is complete and correct.

AND

I, ______________ (name of natural person opening account), hereby certify, to the best of my knowledge, that th3e information provided above is complete and correct. I agree to notify the financial institution of any change in such information.

I personally like the second one, with the added statement; however, I don't think that is a required statement. Our Core system uses the first version and I don't think I can get them to change it unless I can tell them it is required by regulation.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2271972 - 06/22/22 06:41 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership Certification Form Candice
compgal21 Offline
Our forms have the exact verbiage as the second statement and have not had any issues.

Return to Top
#2271980 - 06/22/22 07:31 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership Certification Form Candice
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Whether or not the second sentence is included in the certification statement, the bank is responsible for recognizing events that might trigger the need for a recertification. I, too, like the second version, but I don't think it gives the bank an "out" if it fails to require a new certification if, for example, one of the beneficial owners of a business sells their interest to someone else, when that new owner is added as an authorized signer and the old owner is dropped as an authorized signer.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2272093 - 06/24/22 05:41 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership Certification Form Candice
Candice Offline
New Poster
Thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z