Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2272071 - 06/24/22 03:00 PM CTR filed after teller cash error
Susan Offline
A teller misread the amount of a transit check she cashed for a customer, resulting in too much cash being given to the customer and a CTR being filed. There would not have been a CTR if the correct amount of cash had been given out. Assuming the customer returns the additional cash, do we need to amend the CTR? It would need to be completely un-filed. I know how to amend a CTR, but not how to un-file one.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2272073 - 06/24/22 03:05 PM Re: CTR filed after teller cash error Susan
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There are no provisions to delete a single CTR. There are only processes to delete duplicate batch files. Besides, a single CTR filing is not going to have any impact on an individual.

Return to Top
#2272079 - 06/24/22 03:29 PM Re: CTR filed after teller cash error rlcarey
Susan Offline
So I don't need to do anything about it? I'm thinking more about accurate reporting to the board than an impact on a CTR for the customer. Maybe I'm overthinking it, that's always a possibility smile

Return to Top
#2272082 - 06/24/22 03:54 PM Re: CTR filed after teller cash error Susan
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
I had something similar in the past. We noted it in our quarterly risk meetings with executives and left it as it was. I think the CTR is still valid as cash was handed to the individual even if it was our mistake.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z