- New Flood Q&As
- Overdraft reform -- OD and NSF fees are dropping like flies (and if they aren't in your shop, be prepared to explain why you are keeping the status quo)
- "Equity and fairness" in everything (DOJ's new "Combatting Redlining Initiative" will involve "aggressive and coordinated enforcement efforts to address redlining" with a coordinated effort among supervisory agencies);
- Racial bias problems in appraisals (a 1/22 FFIEC report showed pervasive evidence of racial discrimination due to human judgement and discretion; a 12/21 FHFA report found "overt references to race, ethnicity, and other prohibited bases" in thousands of appraisal reports)
- Cannabis banking gaining ground: banks have marijuana customers - its just a question of if they admit it and manage it or not
- Cryptocurrency impacts - even if you don't transact in crypto -- at least on the BSA side
- Cypersecurity issues
- OFAC sanctions on Russia
- Fraud, fraud and more fraud. Oh, and a scary amount of fraud.
Welcome (back) to the jungle!