Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2273200 - 07/21/22 02:42 PM Fees on a line of credit
ckme Offline
Gold Star
ckme
I recently changed banks and the new bank shows the loan fees and closing costs as financed on a line of credit in laserpro. My previous banks both showed the fees paid in cash and did a draw sheet if the customer wanted to pay the closing costs from the available line of credit. How do you guys handle disclosing/showing the fees on your lines of credit? Is it different for consumer or commercial loans?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2273211 - 07/21/22 04:08 PM Re: Fees on a line of credit ckme
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Who cares about commercial loans. smile For consumer loans, open-end credit has no requirements to disclose an itemization of amounts financed, you must just disclose the finance charges and other charges under 1026.6(a) & (b). So, I am a little confused as where this is going.

Return to Top
#2273218 - 07/21/22 05:29 PM Re: Fees on a line of credit ckme
crcmnot Offline
Gold Star
Fees can be financed and paid from the line of credit or paid in cash for either a consumer or commercial line. However, as Randy stated, on consumer loans you do need to pay attention to any applicable regulation; commercial you can do pretty much anything. Sounds like your previous bank just had a process in how they wanted things documented.

Return to Top
#2273220 - 07/21/22 05:37 PM Re: Fees on a line of credit ckme
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are financing closing costs via a first draw on a consumer line, you do have some first month periodic statement disclosure requirements.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z