Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2273470 - 07/27/22 07:15 PM Title on manufactured home
Anonymous Offline
100 Club
Am I understanding this correctly that we do not need to obtain the the UCC tile?

Borrower purchased manufactured home which will be placed permanently on land he already owns. I found the following and I want to make sure I am understanding correctly:

According to state law, a manufactured home title is not needed when:
101.9203(4) stats. The owner of a manufactured home that is situated in this state or intended to be situated in this state is not required to make application for a certificate of title under s. 101.9209 if the owner of the manufactured home intends, upon acquiring the manufactured home, to make the manufactured home a fixture to land in which the owner of the manufactured home has an ownership or leasehold interest subject to ch. 706.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2273473 - 07/27/22 07:37 PM Re: Title on manufactured home Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, without knowing what State you are talking about, I really see no question asked here outside of whether you need to file a UCC. In general, I am not sure why you would file a UCC on a manufactured home. They are usually either titled as personal property or they are permanently attached to the real property through some sort of filing process in the State and the title is surrendered.

Return to Top
#2273474 - 07/27/22 07:45 PM Re: Title on manufactured home Anonymous
Anonymous Offline
100 Club
Wisconsin and according to the lender there isn't a title, this is a brand new home the borrower had manufactured and is bringing to his property which will be permanently attached.

Return to Top
#2273476 - 07/27/22 07:50 PM Re: Title on manufactured home Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Refer here https://dsps.wi.gov/pages/Programs/MH/Default.aspx and talk to your legal counsel. Your deed of trust or mortgage is all you should need.

Return to Top
#2273477 - 07/27/22 07:51 PM Re: Title on manufactured home Anonymous
Anonymous Offline
100 Club
Okay thank you, this is where I was and just wanted to confirm I was on the right track.

Return to Top