Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2273603 - 07/29/22 10:26 PM TikTok Live
Susielou Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
Account holder came in a month ago and said several Apple transactions on her account were not hers. The card was shut off and provisional credit given. Same account holder came in this week and has 92 transactions she wants to dispute to MagicTavern, Facebook, and TicTok. She does have young children at her house but said they did not do these. Do we need to give her provisional credit again for these transactions? She is not getting another debit card.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2273604 - 07/29/22 10:36 PM Re: TikTok Live Susielou
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Are these new transactions since the card was shut off?

Return to Top
#2273609 - 07/30/22 01:41 PM Re: TikTok Live Susielou
Susielou Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
These are new transactions on the new reissued debit card.

Return to Top
#2273615 - 07/31/22 06:04 PM Re: TikTok Live Susielou
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Provisional credit is required if you cannot resolve the claim in 10 business day provided that you received required written confirmation of error. Reg E doesn't care how many prior claims a customer has made.

Return to Top
#2273616 - 08/01/22 12:30 PM Re: TikTok Live BrianC
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted by BrianC
Provisional credit is required...provided that you received required written confirmation of error.

i thought Reg E did not require written confirmation of error?

Return to Top
#2273618 - 08/01/22 12:40 PM Re: TikTok Live Susielou
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1005.11(c)(2)(i) Provisionally credits the consumer's account in the amount of the alleged error (including interest where applicable) within 10 business days of receiving the error notice. If the financial institution has a reasonable basis for believing that an unauthorized electronic fund transfer has occurred and the institution has satisfied the requirements of § 1005.6(a), the institution may withhold a maximum of $50 from the amount credited. An institution need not provisionally credit the consumer's account if:

(A) The institution requires but does not receive written confirmation within 10 business days of an oral notice of erro

Return to Top
#2273621 - 08/01/22 01:43 PM Re: TikTok Live Susielou
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
1) New card, new claim.
2) Confirmation can mean paying or not paying provisional, but it isn't required for the claim itself (see Randy's cite).
3) Consider not reissuing a card unless there are compelling reasons why. I'd guess it's her kids or stored info being used. There is a cost in the claim amount paid as well as the time to do these claims.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z