Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2273806 - 08/04/22 06:11 PM Personal Account - Different Mailing Address?
Questioner Offline
100 Club
Unsure this is the right forum for this question. Does your bank allow your personal account customer to have a mailing address different from the physical address when a customer is requesting to have the account mail delivered to a relative's home just because he/she spends time there mostly? I have some privacy & ID theft concerns and just would like to know if a lot of banks do allow a different mailing address on a personal account. Thank you for your help.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2273808 - 08/04/22 06:28 PM Re: Personal Account - Different Mailing Address? Questioner
JR00K Offline
New Poster
Definitely allowed. Whether the secondary address is a PO Box or another residence makes no difference as long as that's what the customer is requesting. We see some escalations when there is a suspicion of possible at-risk adult abuse, but it's pretty common otherwise.

Return to Top
#2273809 - 08/04/22 06:30 PM Re: Personal Account - Different Mailing Address? Questioner
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
I don't know that spending time at there has anything to do with whether or not you should "allow" the use of another address.

We do at my current bank, as well as at my former bank.

Certainly POB's and PMB's come into play when discussing alternate/mailing addresses, but I had a customer with a domestic situation many years ago. As such, she did not want ANY mail/correspondence going to her home/physical address and she opted to use her sister's address. I cannot imagine what would've happened if I hadn't permitted her to use the alternate address.

Return to Top
#2273817 - 08/04/22 07:47 PM Re: Personal Account - Different Mailing Address? Questioner
Questioner Offline
100 Club
I guess different mailing address is okay then. Thank you.

Return to Top
#2273841 - 08/05/22 04:15 PM Re: Personal Account - Different Mailing Address? Questioner
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
We have members that have "rainy day" funds and have statements sent to their parent's or other relatives homes. None of our business, but it does take a lot of training help keep the member's secret (address change on primary household account does not necessarily apply to all accounts, etc.).

Return to Top
#2273842 - 08/05/22 04:51 PM Re: Personal Account - Different Mailing Address? Questioner
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
And that is why any specific address change order should require the customer to specifically identify which accounts the order applies too. I have been on the bad side of that trying to explain to a wife why she suddenly got a statement at their house with a lot of money in it that the husband used to have hidden.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett