Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options
#2274104 - 08/12/22 08:48 PM Social Media - One Click Away
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
I am in the process of doing an advertisement review on our social media accounts. As you know, social media posts are on the internet indefinitely. Our posts use the "one click away" method to disclose the information required in the post. However, I got to thinking about the links the disclose the information. Those links can stop working, disappear, etc.

So if the link is no longer working, what would we need to do to prove compliance with the one click away rule? Also, how long would we need to retain the "evidence" of compliance. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2274105 - 08/12/22 09:06 PM Re: Social Media - One Click Away Irishguy
Monster Offline
Gold Star
Careful, the only "one click away" allowances are within TILA and TISA that I'm aware of, I see this misunderstood pretty commonly by marketing teams.

Return to Top
#2274106 - 08/12/22 09:11 PM Re: Social Media - One Click Away Irishguy
Monster Offline
Gold Star
Sorry, to your question, retention would depend on what is triggering the disclosures. What I've seen used in the past is a mock up screen saved with the rest of the advertising details, so even if the link isn't working by the time regulators ask for it, there is proof of the disclosures as they were at the time of the ad.

Return to Top
#2274108 - 08/12/22 09:17 PM Re: Social Media - One Click Away Irishguy
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
Thank you. It is a TISA post.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker