Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2274500 - 08/22/22 02:34 PM Strategic Planning
Anonymous
Unregistered

This will be my first invitation to the table for a strategic planning session (finally working at the right place!). As a compliance officer, what should I be prepared to discuss, to focus on, to ensure…. I have ideas on all of this, but I would love to hear your thoughts to make sure I’m not missing anything. Appreciate your feedback!!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2274503 - 08/22/22 02:47 PM Re: Strategic Planning Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Strategic planning for what? The organization as a whole? It is a little difficult to opine about this as a third party as we have no idea where your organization is currently at versus what the overall goals of the organization might be, if that is what you are even talking about.

#2274504 - 08/22/22 02:59 PM Re: Strategic Planning Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is the annual strategic planning session for the organization as a whole.

As I’ve never sat in one of these sessions, I’m looking for more high-level, general feedback.

Thank you

#2274507 - 08/22/22 03:33 PM Re: Strategic Planning Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i think you would be better served by finding a senior exec at your bank that has attended these and asking their guidance on what they expect you to bring to the table

not knowing anything about your bank/CU, size, location, client base, business model, age of bank, and a ton of other things, i don't know that anyone can provide much guidance that would be valuable.

#2274528 - 08/22/22 05:36 PM Re: Strategic Planning Anonymous
StormFront Offline
Compliance-wise, perhaps ask about any planned new branches or acquisitions that may be being considered.
Those would impact your BSA and CRA areas for sure.

#2274530 - 08/22/22 06:06 PM Re: Strategic Planning Anonymous
ComplyCycle Offline
Gold Star
ComplyCycle
Ask about any significant and/or long-term projects impacting multiple business lines to determine Compliance staff and resource availability, new products or services under consideration, any new critical vendors, etc.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale