Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2276299 - 10/04/22 03:14 PM Billboard with Bank Logo
complofcr Offline
100 Club
SE USA
The bank is celebrating our 100 year anniversary this year. We have a billboard that's on bank property, next to the parking lot of a branch. It will only have our bank name and logo with 100 years and say Your bank for a lifetime. From what I've read since we aren't advertising a deposit or loan product we aren't required to include the Member FDIC or EHL logos. Is that correct? I just want to make sure before we get this printed and installed. I understand it wouldn't be that hard to include them but it's a white billboard and it would just be cleaner without them.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2276306 - 10/04/22 03:40 PM Re: Billboard with Bank Logo complofcr
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
You would need the Member FDIC disclosure since you are listing the name of your bank.

General requirement. Except as provided in § 328.3(d), each insured depository institution shall include the official advertising statement prescribed in § 328.3(b) in all advertisements that either promote deposit products and services or promote non-specific banking products and services offered by the institution. For purposes of this § 328.3, an advertisement promotes non-specific banking products and services if it includes the name of the insured depository institution but does not list or describe particular products or services offered by the institution. An example of such an advertisement would be, “Anytown Bank, offering a full range of banking services.”

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker