Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2277348 - 10/31/22 01:45 PM NOE/BIR Notice
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Does 1024.35 (errors) and 1024.36 (requests for information) require an upfront disclosure before or at loan closing or it is just on the periodic statement, loss mit documents and website? We have a specific address for these requests. Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2277357 - 10/31/22 03:33 PM Re: NOE/BIR Notice Tesla
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I'm specifically looking at this language:
(c) Contact information for borrowers to assert errors. A servicer may, by written notice provided to a borrower, establish an address that a borrower must use to submit a notice of error in accordance with the procedures in this section. The notice shall include a statement that the borrower must use the established address to assert an error. If a servicer designates a specific address for receiving notices of error, the servicer shall designate the same address for receiving information requests pursuant to § 1024.36(b). A servicer shall provide a written notice to a borrower before any change in the address used for receiving a notice of error. A servicer that designates an address for receipt of notices of error must post the designated address on any website maintained by the servicer if the website lists any contact address for the servicer.

The commentary says the notice required by (c) and on the periodic statement, loss mit docs and website. So is there another notice required at closing or when do you provide the written notice mentioned in the first sentence.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z