Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2278496 - 12/06/22 03:32 PM Restitution for NSF Fees & Charge Off Accounts
mnbanker09 Offline
100 Club
How are others handling the restitution for OD/NSF Fees for charged-off accounts? Are you offsetting balance due to the bank or are you sending a check? Any guidance from your examiners?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2278536 - 12/07/22 03:02 PM Re: Restitution for NSF Fees & Charge Off Accounts mnbanker09
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
offsetting balance first, and if dunds left over sending a check. regulator approved

Return to Top
#2278554 - 12/07/22 05:18 PM Re: Restitution for NSF Fees & Charge Off Accounts mnbanker09
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
I'll add a plug for the FCRA. Make sure any negative reporting is updated to reflect the correct amount owed if the offset isn't enough to satisfy the amount owed, or remove the negative report altogether if the offset satisfies the amount owed because the examiners would say that the account never should have been charged off if the fees weren't charged in an unfair way.

Return to Top
#2278626 - 12/09/22 01:17 AM Re: Restitution for NSF Fees & Charge Off Accounts BrianC
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Originally Posted by BrianC
I'll add a plug for the FCRA. Make sure any negative reporting is updated to reflect the correct amount owed if the offset isn't enough to satisfy the amount owed, or remove the negative report altogether if the offset satisfies the amount owed because the examiners would say that the account never should have been charged off if the fees weren't charged in an unfair way.

Seconding this!

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett