Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2279776 - 01/12/23 08:29 PM Opening an account for a publicly traded company
Compliance Action Subscriber 1226 Offline
100 Club
We will be opening an acct for a publicly traded company - my understanding is we do not collect personal information on the authorized signers. - how do we identify the person is who they say they are when inquiring about the account - would appreciate any advice on opening this account

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2279779 - 01/12/23 09:23 PM Re: Opening an account for a publicly traded company Compliance Action Subscriber 1226
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"my understanding is we do not collect personal information on the authorized signers. - how do we identify the person is who they say they are when inquiring about the account "

This all sounds like an internal procedural issue and not a regulatory one.

Return to Top
#2279833 - 01/13/23 08:16 PM Re: Opening an account for a publicly traded company Compliance Action Subscriber 1226
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
US publicly traded companies are excluded from the definition of a "Customer" under the CIP. That doesn't mean you do not follow your normal onboarding processes.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett