Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2280009 - 01/19/23 06:23 PM ARM Amortization Schedule Incorrect
Anonymous
Unregistered

A bank recently discovered that the amortization schedule for ARM loans were disclosed with a fixed rate and did not show the change in payments. The LOS system was correct, however the doc provider reported the amortization as one rate through the course of the payment schedule. Some of the loans are at least a year old. Does the amortization schedule need to be redisclosed and send to all ARM loan borrowers impacted?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2280014 - 01/19/23 07:12 PM Re: ARM Amortization Schedule Incorrect Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sending an amortization schedule on an ARM loan is a meaningless exercise in futility. You think the index is not going to change during the life of the loan? An amortization schedule is only required on a loan that is a fixed rate transaction that has mortgage insurance.

#2280016 - 01/19/23 07:24 PM Re: ARM Amortization Schedule Incorrect rlcarey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you!

#2280017 - 01/19/23 07:34 PM Re: ARM Amortization Schedule Incorrect Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I should note that there is a difference between delivering an amortization schedule to the borrower and the lender maintaining the amortization schedule that they used to calculate the APR under the recordkeeping requirements of 1026.25.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale