Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2280124 - 01/23/23 03:48 PM FDIC sticker on each lane, or just drive-up window
FDIC Stickler
Unregistered

Good morning, I find the FDIC reference here to be a little vague. Do you require, at your bank, an FDIC deposit insurance sticker to be on each lane of the drive-up? I find that many banks only have it on "Lane 1," the drive-up window. Of course, no one could read that - especially the fine print - from Lane 2, Lane 3, etc. But does FDIC only require it on the window?

I have at prior banks opined that it's necessary - and no harm done- to get some free stickers and slap them on the other lanes.

Also: what about the night drop/night depository box? Do you require them there? How about ATMs that accept deposits?

I'm basing all this on the "every window and location where deposits are accepted" concept.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2280129 - 01/23/23 04:05 PM Re: FDIC sticker on each lane, or just drive-up window Anonymous
missmarybrewster Offline
On a stage near you
I'm basing all this on the "every window and location where deposits are accepted" concept.

That was my impression as well. Any point you take a deposit (desk, drive thru lane, teller line) should have a sticker (or one of those plastic signs).

I don't think it hurts to be over cautious. I'll be curious to know what everyone else says.

#2280134 - 01/23/23 04:43 PM Re: FDIC sticker on each lane, or just drive-up window Anonymous
Scott Chicoine Offline
We do every teller window, the drive-ups, the exterior night drop, the lobby doors plus every desk where a customer may sit when opening an account.

#2280137 - 01/23/23 04:52 PM Re: FDIC sticker on each lane, or just drive-up window Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

OP here - Thanks Scott, and can you clarify "drive-ups"? How many lanes do you have, and is it 1 sticker per drive-up window, or 1 sticker on every drive-up lane?

#2280143 - 01/23/23 05:31 PM Re: FDIC sticker on each lane, or just drive-up window Anonymous
Scott Chicoine Offline
On the window and on the tubes. If you have a depository ATM it should be on there as well.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale