Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2280331 - 01/26/23 08:01 PM TRID loan closed with incorrect higher rate
Anonymous
Unregistered

During a review of closed loans, it was discovered that a loan was closed with a higher rate than it should have been.
*LE had correct rate - this rate was not locked in
*CD sent to customer prior to closing had incorrect rate - they had time to notice the error
*All closing documents had incorrect rate

Can this be corrected by just doing a modification? Seems like we can't unwind this transaction since it has already closed. This would be the least painful way to correct this issue for the customer (I would think).

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2280336 - 01/26/23 08:30 PM Re: TRID loan closed with incorrect higher rate Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If your legal obligation has the wrong rate and you want to lower the rate, that would be accomplished through a loan modification. This is not a TRID issue.

#2280339 - 01/26/23 08:35 PM Re: TRID loan closed with incorrect higher rate rlcarey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you! I wanted to make sure I wasn't making it too simple as I did not think we needed to do anything further, but it's always good to get others' opinions.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale