Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2280289 - 01/25/23 09:30 PM Electronic Signature Devices-Consumer Disclosure
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Hello,

I have searched the BOL forums every way I can think of to get some information on using electronic signature devices in a branch for deposit account opening (not online account opening)...specifically what needs to be in a consumer disclosure before a consumer uses one.

From what I understand about this process, the consumer will receive all the required disclosures in hard copy by way of a brochure (I'm getting some mixed information on the TIS disclosure)....if the TIS disclosure is also given in hard copy, I don't see a need for complete E-SIGN disclosures to use this type of device....

It will be a different story if I hear something else about the TIS.....

Does anyone use electronic signature devices for deposit account opening? If so, what kind of consumer disclosure do you use prior to the consumer using it?

ANY compliance information that anyone can share about this technology. would be greatly appreciated....

Or if someone can let me know the best key words to use to search the forums for information about this technology would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2280295 - 01/26/23 02:00 PM Re: Electronic Signature Devices-Consumer Disclosure Compliance504
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are delivering hard copy disclosure and just using some sort of electronic signature process to bind the consumer to the depositor's contract, there are no concerns.

Return to Top
#2280305 - 01/26/23 04:38 PM Re: Electronic Signature Devices-Consumer Disclosure Compliance504
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Thank you Randy!!!!!!!

So there really isn't a need to provide a consumer disclosure and obtain consent to use the "pad" for obtaining an electronic signature in lieu of a wet signature?

Does some kind of disclosure need to be provided about the legality of the electronic signature?

Return to Top
#2280315 - 01/26/23 06:25 PM Re: Electronic Signature Devices-Consumer Disclosure Compliance504
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Electronic signatures are governed under the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) and State law. E-Sign concerns the delivery of required written disclosures, regardless of what the name implies.

Return to Top
#2280346 - 01/26/23 09:14 PM Re: Electronic Signature Devices-Consumer Disclosure Compliance504
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Got it! Thanks for clarifying that for me....I'll read through the UETA...

THANKS AGAIN for your help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z