Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2280526 - 01/31/23 10:10 PM HMDA Race Entries
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
For the Love of God, why can't they produce a help guide so we can tell where to put all these different races?
Customer #1 checks "Asian", then checks "Vietnamese". I'm guessing using the LAR form provided by the CFPB, that column AG titled "Race of Applicant or Borrower:1 should have a "2" entered. Then next to it in column AH "Race of applicant or borrower:2" should have "26" entered....OR do I just enter 26 in that first column?
Seriously frustrated with the poor guidance out there. Like we're supposed to know.
You guessed it. I enter my data manually.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2280533 - 02/01/23 02:03 PM Re: HMDA Race Entries NU Rhules
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
The applicants can choose up to 5 different races.

AF - 1st choice
AG - 2nd choice
AH - 3rd choice
AI - 4th Choice
AJ - 5th Choice
AK, AL & AM are self explanatory

In your case AF - 2 , AG - 26

Review the 2023 FIG beginning on page 65.

And from PDF page 65 in the 2022 GIR/

RACE OF APPLICANT OR BORROWER. Indicate the race of the
applicant or borrower, or of the first co-applicant or co-borrower, as
applicable, by entering up to five (5):

Return to Top
#2280536 - 02/01/23 04:19 PM Re: HMDA Race Entries Dan Persfull
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
Thanks Dan. I appreciate it.

Return to Top
#2280546 - 02/01/23 05:00 PM Re: HMDA Race Entries NU Rhules
Inherent_Risk Offline
Platinum Poster
I'd also review Appendix B.

iii. Race - Aggregate categories and subcategories. There are five aggregate race categories: American Indian or Alaska Native; Asian; Black or African American; Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander; and White. The Asian and the Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander aggregate categories have seven and four subcategories, respectively. The Asian race subcategories are: Asian Indian; Chinese; Filipino; Japanese; Korean; Vietnamese; and Other Asian. The Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander race subcategories are: Native Hawaiian; Guamanian or Chamorro; Samoan; and Other Pacific Islander. You must report every aggregate race category selected by the applicant. If the applicant also selects one or more race subcategories, you must report each race subcategory selected by the applicant, except that you must not report more than a total of five aggregate race categories and race subcategories combined. For example, if the applicant selects all five aggregate race categories and also selects some race subcategories, you report only the five aggregate race categories. On the other hand, if the applicant selects the White, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander aggregate race categories, and the applicant also selects the Korean, Vietnamese, and Samoan race subcategories, you must report White, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and any two, at your option, of the three race subcategories selected by the applicant. In this example, you must report White, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and in addition you must report (at your option) either Korean and Vietnamese, Korean and Samoan, or Vietnamese and Samoan. To determine how to report an Other race subcategory and the American Indian or Alaska Native category for purposes of the five-race maximum, see paragraphs 9.iv and 9.v below.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM