Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2280663 - 02/06/23 04:30 AM Joint Advertising
COMPL5298 Offline
New Poster
Has anyone had a joint advertising process/program "blessed" (or at least passed muster) with the FDIC or CFPB recently? Our attempts at estimating FMV and cost-sharing in the past have been criticized by the regulators but of course without direction on specific deficiencies or means to advertise jointly with MSPs in compliance with RESPA Sec 8.

I understand this is the regulators' way of saying (without saying) that they don't believe banks should advertise with realtors or other MSPs in any form, but our business partners are less willing at accept this message - especially when they continue to see competitors doing the same.

Any additional resources or personal experiences/approaches anyone is willing to share would be much appreciated!

Return to Top
RESPA
#2282109 - 03/10/23 05:03 PM Re: Joint Advertising COMPL5298
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
It depends on what kind of joint marketing you're looking to do. An open house flyer where a realtor and lender split the costs hasn't been an issue for us. If you're wanting to be the realtors "preferred lender" on Zillow and pay for their listing fees, that's an issue (even though credit unions and brokers do it all the time).

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL