Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2279691 - 01/11/23 03:19 PM ATM Notice Concerning Overdraft Fees
Sheba Offline
Sheba
Oz
Hello, I was wondering if any of you currently have notices set in your ATMs screen that notify a customer of an overdraft fee if they withdraw more funds that what is available in their account and allows them to cancel or modify the transaction? Thank you.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2279843 - 01/13/23 09:07 PM Re: ATM Notice Concerning Overdraft Fees Sheba
West_Delta Offline
Kentucky
We had a client who did this many years ago, and it did not go well. The problem was that customers received the notice at their own ATMs but not at foreign ATMs and got confused. Customers assumed that *all* ATMs would furnish this message, and that was not the case.

Return to Top
#2279846 - 01/13/23 09:22 PM Re: ATM Notice Concerning Overdraft Fees Sheba
Andy_Z Online
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I can see the value in the notice, and what some regulators might call a deceptive act by telling the consumer about the OD here, but not there. Valuable input, Delta. Thanks.

Unfortunately we live in a world that has to inform consumers that peanut butter has peanuts and not to sharpen the blades of a running lawnmower.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2281015 - 02/13/23 04:48 PM Re: ATM Notice Concerning Overdraft Fees Sheba
Sheba Offline
Sheba
Oz
Thank you both for your input. Sorry for the late response, been working on our HMDA review. Appreciate the comments.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett