Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2281643 - 02/27/23 10:04 PM When is the LAR filing really "Done"?
HMDA Hopeful
Unregistered

HMDA Filers (this is a question I think only someone who actually personally files a LAR can answer... no offense, gurus and consultants!):

Years back, when we filed the annual HMDA LAR we had to wait some period of days to get a confirmation from the regulator; it would contain various questions and a form for us to sign. Once that step was done, then the filing process was over.

When HMDA was reformed circa 2017-2018, did they do away with that? I just went through a filing effort for the first time in a few years (after being away from HMDA), and now I'm seeing that macro edit questions get asked during the filing process. Macro edits was just one of the things they used to send out to the bank via a post-filing communication. This makes me wonder if I should be expecting anything at all after filing, or if the "your submission has been accepted" screen was actually the end of it.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2281646 - 02/27/23 10:17 PM Re: When is the LAR filing really "Done"? Anonymous
InFairness, CRCM Online
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
In the CFPB HMDA platform, the edit are all in-line and must be cleared before submission. Once you get the submission accepted notice, you are done.

Return to Top
#2281660 - 02/28/23 03:06 PM Re: When is the LAR filing really "Done"? Anonymous
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
HMDA Hopeful, a number of the gurus and consultants actually do file, myself included. Dan is notorious for getting his done before any of the rest of us. wink
The acceptance screen means you're done with your filing

You didn't post this anonymously so I'm moving it to the HMDA forum.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM