Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2282452 - 03/21/23 02:47 PM Notification of final credit for a Reg E dispute
Reg E Reggie
Unregistered

When we have completed a Reg E investigation and determined that a previously granted provisional credit is now considered final, we use a fairly complicated-to-create, quite wordy letter, that specifies a lot of detail that aren't required by Reg E. We include, on our notice that a provisional credit is now final, the customer name and address, card's last 4 digits, claim date, date of the previous notice of provisional credit, and dollar amount of the previous notice of provisional credit. Then it gets to the point: "The previously provided provisional credit is now final. Call us at 1-800-###-#### with any questions."

My query here is: would this be enough to avoid violating Reg E?
Dear Customer,
Our investigation into your prior claim is complete. The previously provided provisional credit is now final. Call us AT 1-800-###-#### with any questions.
Thank you

This appears to be the total of what Reg E requires to appear in a final credit letter:
(c) Time limits and extent of investigation —
(2) ....provided the institution does the following:
(iv) Reports the results to the consumer within three business days after completing its investigation (including, if applicable, notice that a provisional credit has been made final).

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2282453 - 03/21/23 03:00 PM Re: Notification of final credit for a Reg E dispute Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Works for me.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale