Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2282523 - 03/22/23 11:39 PM Detached Garage
KwC Offline
I'm working on a 6-unit, one-story apartment comprised of three buildings and a detached-garage for parking. Is flood insurance required on the detached-garage or is this building exempt? Thanks.

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2282524 - 03/23/23 12:16 PM Re: Detached Garage KwC
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I do not see any limitation on the number of units on the residential property or in the residential structure.

(3) Any structure that is a part of any residential property but is detached from the primary residential structure of such property and does not serve as a residence. For purposes of this paragraph (d)(3):

(i) "A structure that is a part of a residential property" is a structure used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, and not used primarily for agricultural, commercial, industrial, or other business purposes;

(ii) A structure is "detached" from the primary residential structure if it is not joined by any structural connection to that structure; and

(iii) "Serve as a residence" shall be based upon the good faith determination of the member bank that the structure is intended for use or actually used as a residence, which generally includes sleeping, bathroom, or kitchen facilities.

Return to Top