Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2282560 - 03/23/23 04:30 PM Loan Application
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have a RE loan application for a bridge loan in late 2021.The application has the amount and property address being purchased. Long story short the house they were wanting to purchase someone else beat their bid. Customer decided to purchase another home for a larger amount in 2022 so customer should have filled out a new application at this time as the first application was no longer valid. Correct?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2282563 - 03/23/23 04:49 PM Re: Loan Application Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
How can we answer that question? Was the previous application expressly withdrawn by the customer?

#2282564 - 03/23/23 04:53 PM Re: Loan Application Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

The previous application was not withdrawn by the customer nothing is noted on the application about withdrawing. I would think you would need a new application.

#2282566 - 03/23/23 05:08 PM Re: Loan Application Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would think you would need a new application.

Why? Applications do not just disappear. They have to be dispositioned in some manner. Either the applicant withdrew the application, or you closed or denied the application for incompleteness. Otherwise, the application remains active.

How did you report the 2021 application for HMDA purposes?

#2282576 - 03/23/23 06:16 PM Re: Loan Application Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a HMDA bank

#2282737 - 03/27/23 08:58 PM Re: Loan Application Anonymous
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Would you typically change the property and use the existing app, or "retire" that app in some way and get a new one? In my mind, if you have an app outstanding from 2021 there better be some really detailed notes as to why there hasn't been a credit decision made.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale