Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#22827 - 07/05/02 09:16 PM Official Check Audit
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I am looking for retention guidelines on official check reconciliations if we have the ability to re-create the reports and items included. I have reviewed different audit programs and none of them are consistent so I am looking for ideas.

Return to Top
Audit
#22828 - 07/10/02 02:26 PM Re: Official Check Audit
Anonymous
Unregistered

FMS (Financial Managers Society)publishes a Financial Institutions Record Retention Manual periodically. The latest version I have is the 3rd Edition. According to this manual Cashiers Checks, Drafts, Expense checks, money orders, and travelers checks should all be retained for 7 years. Note: Dividend Checks should be retained for 10 years. You should always refer to your state's banking code first to see if they have more stringent retention requirements. But this should be a good rule of thumb.

Return to Top
#22829 - 07/16/02 02:17 PM Re: Official Check Audit
Lu Offline
Platinum Poster
I was wondering if you have an Official Check Audit Program and/or workpapers to share. I haven't performed this audit yet. My fax is 270-886-9437 or email at lfries@plantersbank-ky.com
Thanks

Return to Top
#22830 - 07/22/02 04:18 PM Re: Official Check Audit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would be interested in copies of any information you receive on Official Check Audit Program and/or workpapers to share.
Thanks

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z