Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2284575 - 05/16/23 06:02 PM Video and ADA Compliance
Anonymous
Unregistered

The marketing area wants to send a copy of a zoom video by email to individuals that could not attend an event at our bank.

1. Shouldn’t the video and transcript be emailed to attendees who couldn’t attend? So that both blind and deaf individuals have access to the content of the event? Unless the marketing team enabled closed captioning through Zoom before hitting the ‘Record’ button, I’m not sure that one can retroactively add it to the video recording.

2. Do you think that any disclosures need to be included as part of the transmittal email to event guests?

Thanks

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2284581 - 05/16/23 06:32 PM Re: Video and ADA Compliance Anonymous
Scott Chicoine Offline
What exactly is the zoom video about or for? Was it a training program and getting sent to employees who couldn't make it? If it is that and an employe needs an accommodation, then figure out how to do it. If it was just a mass marketing piece to a wide audience, I would say no accommodation is necessary.

#2284587 - 05/16/23 06:49 PM Re: Video and ADA Compliance Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

The CEO of the bank was on a panel and the bank's wants to send it to invitees that accepted the invitation but could not attend. They will send a transcript in the email.

#2284711 - 05/19/23 01:23 PM Re: Video and ADA Compliance Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Define attendees: are these individuals employees, or customers, or?

As a customer, regardless of my original interest, I would not want an unsolicited video randomly sent to me.

#2284713 - 05/19/23 01:31 PM Re: Video and ADA Compliance Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Just e-mail it. If the person has an e-mail address, they will already have the ability to read e-mails and attachments or other accommodation that they need. That is not a concern on your end. You do not say the subject, but if someone does not even open the e-mail there is no consequence to the recipient. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. If a recipient gets it and asks for it in a different format - deal with it then.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale