Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2285026 - 05/26/23 05:32 PM RESPA Delivery of Transfer of Servicing Disclosure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does e-mailing a pdf of the Transfer of Servicing Disclosure meet the disclosure requirements of RESPA? RESPA appears to require either mailing or delivery using an E-sign method. Would not think that e-mailing a document with account numbers and lender information through unencrypted e-mail would meet the Reg requirements.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2285028 - 05/26/23 05:41 PM Re: RESPA Delivery of Transfer of Servicing Disclosure Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No - it would have to be E-Sign compliant. Standard e-mail is not going to work. Which specific Transfer of Servicing Disclosure are you referring to?

#2285032 - 05/26/23 06:18 PM Re: RESPA Delivery of Transfer of Servicing Disclosure Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

1024.33(b)

#2285039 - 05/26/23 07:23 PM Re: RESPA Delivery of Transfer of Servicing Disclosure Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Yes, that has to be delivered in writing so it would have to comply with E-Sign.

#2285048 - 05/27/23 12:54 AM Re: RESPA Delivery of Transfer of Servicing Disclosure rlcarey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you. That was my opinion also.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale