Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#23403 - 07/10/02 10:47 PM Generations Gold Club
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is anyone using Generations Gold for packaged accounts? I was wondering if a joint marketing agreement is required under GLB since they are not a financial insitution. The customer actually completes an application at account opening that goes to GG. The bank doesn't provide account numbers to GG. Any comments would be appreciated.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#23404 - 07/12/02 03:38 PM Re: Generations Gold Club
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I think the reason for no response on this question is that it does not contain enough information to provide a response. What is GG, what do they provide to the customer, what do they provide to the bank, what kind of information is exchanged between the bank, GG and the customer. What is the purpose of the relationship, etc., etc., etc. We would be glad to help, but.............

Return to Top
#23405 - 07/12/02 03:54 PM Re: Generations Gold Club
Compliance Heifa Offline
100 Club
Up on the Roof in Texas
Nevermind!

Return to Top
#23406 - 07/12/02 04:17 PM Re: Generations Gold Club
Compliance Heifa Offline
100 Club
Up on the Roof in Texas
That's why I asked if anyone was using GG.

Return to Top
#23407 - 07/12/02 04:53 PM Re: Generations Gold Club
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
Our bank has Generations Gold. I believe there is a privacy clause in our contract with them.

Return to Top
#23408 - 07/12/02 06:25 PM Re: Generations Gold Club
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your response. We have a confideniality clause in our contract. We do not provide account numbers they use the Name, Address, Phone number to identify the customer. The customer fills out an application with GG when they open the DDA Account. It appears that we are not sharing NPA so all I should need is the contract.

Thanks

Return to Top
#23409 - 07/12/02 07:15 PM Re: Generations Gold Club
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are looking into GG. Joint marketing agreements are between financial institutions, so that wouldn't apply to GG. My understanding is that the bank provides nothing to GG. The customer fills out the app, which authorizes us to give the info to GG. We are allowed to share info when authorized by the customer so nothing is needed except a contract with privacy and info security agreements. And your Privacy Notice must state that you share info when authorized by the customer.

Return to Top