Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#234336 - 08/19/04 05:07 PM Star Wars on DVD
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard it's coming out this Septemeber, does anyone know that date/ extra features that will be included?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#234337 - 08/19/04 05:16 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Amazon clickey

Product Details

Starring: Harrison Ford, See more

Director: George Lucas, Irvin Kershner

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)

Format: Color, Widescreen, Dolby

Rated:
Studio: Twentieth Century Fox Home Video
DVD Release Date: September 21, 2004
DVD Features:
Includes:

Episode IV, A New Hope

Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back

Commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Episode VI, Return of the Jedi

Commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Bonus disc: all-new bonus features, including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced on the Star Wars saga, and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films

"Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy"

Featurettes: The Legendary Creatures of Star Wars, The Birth of the Lightsabre, The Legacy of Star Wars

Teasers, trailers, TV spots, still galleries

Playable Xbox demo of the new Lucasarts game Star Wars Battlefront

The making of the Episode III videogame

Exclusive preview of Star Wars: Episode III

Widescreen anamorphic format

Number of discs: 4

From IMDb: Quotes & Trivia
ASIN: B00003CXCT
Other Formats: VHS, DVD

Average Customer Review: Based on 921 reviews. Write a review.

Amazon.com Sales Rank (DVD): 1

Also, See the all-new four-minute trailer showing clips from all three classic films, plus scenes from the special features created exclusively for this release. High bandwidth Low badwidth

Return to Top
#234338 - 08/19/04 05:34 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I am not a Star Wars geek, so I am not sure.

I have read some complaints that it is not the original versions that wer released in the late 70s and early 80s, rather it is the versions that Lucas monkeyed with and rereleased in the 1990s.

One of the biggest complaints I have not quite understood deals with the shooting in the Cantina. It has something to do with who shot first, Hans Solo or the bounty hunter. Somehow this changes Hans' character significantly. Does anyone know how? Also, I think I heard that the Cantina band is cut from the first Star Wars. Is that true.

Return to Top
#234339 - 08/19/04 05:55 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know there's a new cantina band in the "uber" version. As far as who shot first... I'll need to review the original film... "back and to the right... back and to the right. "

Return to Top
#234340 - 08/19/04 06:04 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I heard that the who shot first changes the essence of Hans' character. Its probably just pickiness from the SW geeks.

One reason I have heard for continuing to watch your old VHS version for a couple of more years is that Lucas has tons of footage that was not used in the original movies. Once the last of the 6 movies is released on DVD, they will surely package all 6 together with lots more extras. How else will he get you to buy it twice more (assuming you already bought it once). Supposedly, he is not making any of this old footage available on the soon to be released trilogy.

Return to Top
#234341 - 08/19/04 06:21 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the first three episodes. I'm not as big a fan of them (haven't bought them) so I think I'll be ok with this format until the HD-DVD version hits shelves... then I'll have to get that one too.

Return to Top
#234342 - 08/19/04 06:28 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Not as big a fan of the first 3? They were not as technical, but infinitely more interesting.

You mean that you actually liked the last 2? I thought the first was dreadfully dull and I can't even remember the second. Honestly, I cannot remember one thing about it. I'll watch the next one when it comes out (in the theater for the full effect), but I'll have to watch the last one again to remember what happened.

Return to Top
#234343 - 08/19/04 06:49 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
Bank on it Offline
100 Club
Bank on it
New York
Quote:

Not as big a fan of the first 3? They were not as technical, but infinitely more interesting.

I think the poster meant Episodes I, II, III (which are the ones that came out most recently). If that is the case, I agree. I like Star Wars, Empire, and Return much better.

Return to Top
#234344 - 08/19/04 06:50 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

You mean that you actually liked the last 2? I thought the first was dreadfully dull and I can't even remember the second. Honestly, I cannot remember one thing about it. I'll watch the next one when it comes out (in the theater for the full effect), but I'll have to watch the last one again to remember what happened.

Meesa thinksa the new moobes be quitsa noyinsa becausa mea!

Return to Top
#234345 - 08/19/04 07:47 PM Re: Star Wars on DVD
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
...and there it is.

I started to sour on the whole Star Wars franchise with the emergence of the Ewoks. But the Jar-Jar character pushed me away completely. I didn't watch the 5th (2nd) episode in the theater, specifically because of that character. Talk about jumping the shark...

Return to Top