BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#236463 - 08/25/04 02:55 PM Customer Information
3821MJ Offline
New Poster
3821MJ
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Do any of you know of any guilelines or flowchart that would help branch personnel or a call center on what customer information should or should not be given out (i.e. customer calls and wants to know if there are enough funds in an account, they also want to verify the account name and other information pertaining to the customer)

Thanks for your help

Return to Top
#236464 - 08/25/04 08:36 PM Re: Customer Information
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

they also want to verify the account name and other information pertaining to the customer)

I presume "they" refers back to the branch or customer service staff.

Staff should have scripts or standard pieces of information that the caller should provide. The information should provide assurance that the customer is calling and rather than someone trying to make a "pretext call."

If a third party is calling to verify the validity of the a check, the third party should provide the check number (which should be in the range currently in use by the customer), the amount, etc. In this situation, you shouldn't respond if there are any suspicions regarding the caller. Any response should also be generic, without direct reference to account balances, etc.

Return to Top
#236465 - 10/28/05 07:25 PM Re: Customer Information
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like a copy of a letter of Authority
thank you
jkuehnl2@monroe.lib.mi.us

Return to Top