Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#23701 - 07/12/02 05:50 PM ATM Network changes
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Is anybody up on the enhancements that Visa and MasterCard are requiring for ATMs that tie into the network? There is something about triple-DES or TDES along with encrypted IN Pads (EPP). Any new ATMs that have been moved/refurbished after 4/1/02 must incorporate the new EPP. There is also something pending about ADA modifications for the visually impaired. I am not a computer guru and will definately need to work with IS on this. As far as I know for the most part we could already be in compliance... or maybe not.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#23702 - 07/12/02 09:59 PM Re: ATM Network changes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Triple DES isn't a compliance issue from the meetings I have been in and heard. What I do know is that it is required and few are doing it.

ADA rules were approved by committee but not yet finalized by DOJ. There should be 12 to 18 months to comply. What I don't believe is yet known, is whether or not existing machines will be grandfathered. The biggest change is the requirement for audible communication of the key screens. But there will be connection sockets where (bank issued?) headphones can be plugged in.

You'll find more info, albeit limited, here and a good primer here.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#23703 - 07/15/02 06:10 PM Re: ATM Network changes
PABanker Offline
Gold Star
PABanker
Blue Ball, PA 17506
Hi!

Let's get into to the triple DES all machines must be capable of the 4/2002 must have the triple DES when this becomes mandatory. VISA and Mastercard are the driving forces for the networks to put into place the triple DES but no ones knows when it will be effective at this time. You may want to check with your network processor on this issue.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z