BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#239049 - 08/31/04 06:43 PM Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I thought we needed a thread on this since it started last night.

I loved Alonzo again. I found him amusing as always, but my heart cried out for the Big Man doing his schtick even though he had just lost a loved one.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#239050 - 08/31/04 06:50 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I totally agree. Alonzo is my favorite, but I also have a lot of admiration for Ralphie. I know that I would not have been able to go on if I had just lost a parent to cancer.

Return to Top
#239051 - 08/31/04 07:10 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Ralphie is darned funny. I hope he gets some sympathy votes considering his situation, because frankly, he wasn't very funny last night because of his loss.

John Heferan(probably spelled it wrong) was the absolute funniest last night though. I loved his lines about how when we were kids we had controllers for our video games that had one button and we liked it. We had to run uphill both ways to save the Princess from Donkey Kong!

Return to Top
#239052 - 08/31/04 07:11 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not a watcher of that show, but I did tune in last night. I thought the big guy was joking at first, but quickly realized that was not the case. How sad. I loved his jokes though. My favorite comics are the ones who tell stories - like Buddy Hackett. Is that his normal style? There were a few funny ones - liked the Olympics bit - the guy with the electric car bit was funny as hell.

Return to Top
#239053 - 08/31/04 08:58 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Olympic bit - Alonzo Bodden, I think he should win last night outright, what a hoot. The electric car bit was Dave Mordell, one of my favorites from the first season. I wasn't sure whether Ralphie was kidding or not, but that is not his typical style.

I think it's likely to be a great series.

Return to Top
#239054 - 08/31/04 09:01 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I thought Dave Mordall (sp??) was the best last night. Tammy and Tess were also pretty good. I'm a big Alonzo fan. I saw him, Gary Gulman, and Jay London do a show on Saturday night. Alonzo was excellent..he did the Olympics bit that night, along with some things that you will never see on NBC. Season 2 should win, but you never know.

Return to Top
#239055 - 09/01/04 12:36 AM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
I thought Ralphie was just pretending at first also, until the camera zoomed in on his face and tears were rolling down his cheeks. As he walked off, he hugged Jay Mohr and then said "the show must go on."

Return to Top
#239056 - 09/01/04 02:07 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I thought Ralphie was just pretending at first also, until the camera zoomed in on his face and tears were rolling down his cheeks. As he walked off, he hugged Jay Mohr and then said "the show must go on."

I did too. I think everyone was waiting for the punchline until about the time he was done and said that to Jay. My prayers go out to Ralphie...

By the way, what did I miss last night?

Return to Top
#239057 - 09/01/04 02:49 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
The 2nd season won the $50,000. Corey Cahany eliminated from 1st season, the newly added woman that makes the faces was eliminated from season 2. There weren't any great performances last night in my opinion. There are a couple of good elimination candidates from season 1, not sure about season 2.

Return to Top
#239058 - 09/01/04 10:06 PM Re: Last Comic Standing 1st Season vs. 2nd Season
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
I agree, last night had no memorable performances. Overall I give the edge to season 2.

Return to Top