If you received copies of fraudulent "receipts" purportedly issued by your bank stating you were holding certain securities in 'safe keeping'...who would you notify besides filing a SAR? Individuals presented these receipts to other firms in attempts to borrow against the non-existent securities. One transaction smacks of "Nigerian/Advance Fee" frauds so I was going to notify the Secret Service and advised our regulator. Other than law enforcement, if they are interested, is there anyone else I should be thinking of? Thanks.
Kathleen O. Blanchard, CRCM "Kaybee"
HMDA/CRA Training/Consulting/Mapping
The HMDA Academy