Skip to content
BOL Conferences Top Gun 23
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#240480 - 09/02/04 08:51 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I be a big chicken, and don't got no spine, which is why I be logged in anonymously. I be voting for Kerry because I hope to be getin back on welfare and suckle from the government. You see, under the present administration, I been required to get off of welfare (after 17 years) and go to work for money. Can you believin that? They want me to work, after supportin me all these years. But I be knowing that John Carry won't be makin me work. He's gonna let me back on welfare, and I here he also goin to be givin me back welfare pay. I can finally give up workin at McDonald. I couldn't get no other job, cause I been out of school before my diploma was received. But John Kerri don't care about that, he just want me back on welfair.

Go Carry!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#240481 - 09/02/04 08:51 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

OK, conservatives, restrain yourself. If you feel you must answer, PLEASE START A NEW THREAD

Return to Top
#240482 - 09/02/04 08:59 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Look, I restrained myself (sounds kinky) as long as I could, but there were statements that begged questions. Where reasonable, I posted elsewhere. But it is just too complicated to post a follow-up question somewhere else every time. Sorry. I didn't intimidate, I didn't bully. I just asked questions. I wouldn't be offended if someone inquired about my statements of support for Mr. Bush. I see no reason for offense in the opposite situation.

Return to Top
#240483 - 09/02/04 09:01 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Jay-Risk Offline
Gold Star
New England
Quote:

I be a big chicken, and don't got no spine, which is why I be logged in anonymously. I be voting for Kerry because I hope to be getin back on welfare and suckle from the government. You see, under the present administration, I been required to get off of welfare (after 17 years) and go to work for money. Can you believin that? They want me to work, after supportin me all these years. But I be knowing that John Carry won't be makin me work. He's gonna let me back on welfare, and I here he also goin to be givin me back welfare pay. I can finally give up workin at McDonald. I couldn't get no other job, cause I been out of school before my diploma was received. But John Kerri don't care about that, he just want me back on welfair.

Go Carry!

This is not smart at all. This type of post does nothing inasmuch as an intelligent back-and-forth dialogue should go. That somebody in 2004, who would actually be viably employed in banking, would post this stupidity -- in which they make a poor attempt at mocking an African-American woman on public assistance -- offers nothing of substance and only contributes to one thing: the complete shutdown of the thread. This is absolute child's work. Grow up.

Return to Top
#240484 - 09/02/04 09:13 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I appreciate your attempt Z. I was hoping to see some good dialog from the Kerry supporters. I would like to know their views.

Please stop posting here unless it is why you support Kerry. It will benefit all of us.

My apologies to the serious posters here.

Return to Top
#240485 - 09/02/04 09:20 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Go Carry!

As Paragon might say thanks for filling that gap.

Return to Top
#240486 - 09/02/04 09:33 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who would "want" to post serious dialogue here? - the past few months have caused me to be more and more infrequent visitor of these blogs. What you REPUBLICANS seek is total conformity to your ideas and agendas. Take a srious LOOK at the Patriot Act! You are wanting the total disregard of all personal freedoms! The safety of this country is just as important to us Democrats as you guys! I read one post where a poster would not stop to give aid to an injured motorist. That would be against the law in my state - have you no Good Samaritan Laws" where you live? What about common decentcy. Oh yeah! You think everyone is out to get you. Paranoid behavior is a trait of the Republican Party and has been since the founding of the Country - Whigs!

Return to Top
#240487 - 09/02/04 09:50 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

Who would "want" to post serious dialogue here? - the past few months have caused me to be more and more infrequent visitor of these blogs. What you REPUBLICANS seek is total conformity to your ideas and agendas. Take a srious LOOK at the Patriot Act! You are wanting the total disregard of all personal freedoms! The safety of this country is just as important to us Democrats as you guys! I read one post where a poster would not stop to give aid to an injured motorist. That would be against the law in my state - have you no Good Samaritan Laws" where you live? What about common decentcy. Oh yeah! You think everyone is out to get you. Paranoid behavior is a trait of the Republican Party and has been since the founding of the Country - Whigs!

We have no good samaritan law in Louisiana, and probably never will. A state senator on his way home stopped to help a stranded motorist, only to be blown nearly in half by a shotgun. Turns out it was 3 men on parole and they were trying to get a car and some cheap money. So, don't look for a good samaritan law here. Does that stop decent people from stopping to help? Of course not. And it doesn't really matter if they are republican or democrat, if they are decent they will help.

I hope you are not serious in thinking that republicans want total conformity. In fact, many of those reps. posting here don't agree with one another, or offer differing opinions. I'm not sure how you take that as wanting conformity. Many of the reps. posting here are just trying to make you think, asking you to look at the information that is provided regarding both candidates, and make a decision based on what you have seen or read, not what someone has told you is true.

I also don't think that paranoia is a trait of the republican party. I have never felt that anyone was out to get me. In fact, up until 2 years ago, I was a registered democrat, and had been for 19 years. I changed for many reasons, the first being that I felt the democratic party no longer had my best interest at heart, but was acting solely on the interest of special interest groups. I didn't feel they were representative of middle America, and had become decididly divisive. I also felt that they stood behind a president who was dishonest, who lied to the American public, who had an adulterous relationship, and who thought he did nothing wrong. As a parent, imagine me trying to explain to my 12 year old son what oral sex was. Or why the congress was trying to impeach the president. Or why his party was still supporting him, even though he lied.

And that is why I have oved to the republican party. DO I support every single tenent of that paorty? Of course not. I look at the issues in each and every election, and vote my conscience. Sometimes that means republican, sometimes democrat, sometimes for taxes, sometimes against. But, I make up my mind each and every time. No one makes it up for me.

Return to Top
#240488 - 09/02/04 10:11 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
BethF Offline
Sunny San Diego
Good post - I struggle too with what 'party' I belong to and it really depends on the issue. I'm probably a liberal Republican if anything. Though there are currently issues where I lean Democrat. I'll admit I was getting a little riled up reading the 'Why Bush' thread....If people could just think for themselves rather than following the herd, things would be a bit different I suspect.

Return to Top
#240489 - 09/02/04 10:12 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
As a new poster to BOL, I have to say that I will not be returning to any BLOG of a political nature. Most of the postings are offensive and filled with self-righteous rantings. I don't care what someone thinks of the candidate, there is no reason for insults and personal attacks.

Return to Top
#240490 - 09/02/04 10:43 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Go Carry!

This is not smart at all. This type of post does nothing inasmuch as an intelligent back-and-forth dialogue should go. That somebody in 2004, who would actually be viably employed in banking, would post this stupidity -- in which they make a poor attempt at mocking an African-American woman on public assistance -- offers nothing of substance and only contributes to one thing: the complete shutdown of the thread. This is absolute child's work. Grow up.

Excellent post Jay-Risk! I was just reviewing this thread, was about to post a response to this post and I read your response.
While you and I have disagreed on some threads, I couldn't agree with you more in this instance.

Return to Top
#240491 - 09/02/04 11:44 PM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Z - excellent experiment. I was tempted - I stayed off, until now and even now, no comment. But, I must say that I would have been interested in seeing some well thought out opinions on this side of the debate.

Return to Top
#240492 - 09/03/04 01:28 AM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

First of all, the LAST time I stopped to help someone I was nearly KILLED in doing so. Sue me for thinking it could happen again.... Good samaritan laws my butt. It's about personal safety. I don't stop, I summon help. Let the police we pay to help such people do their jobs.

Return to Top
#240493 - 09/03/04 01:50 AM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why Kerry? There are a lot of reasons:

He is in favor of balanced budgets, not huge deficits;
He is opposed to needlessly alienating out allies;
He is opposed to unlawful disclosure of the names of CIA operatives;
He supports the Geneva Convention;
He is opposed to shifting the tax burden to the middle class by disproportionately favoring the highest income groups;
He would not let his personal beliefs hinder stem cell research or other science;
He wants to protect the environment;
He believes that Americans have the right to a trial and to talk to an attorney before being imprisoned;
He believes in adequate funding for education initiatives; and
He supports the findings of the 9/11 Commission.

Return to Top
#240494 - 09/03/04 02:25 AM Re: Democrats: Why Kerry?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back to the subject after noting that I appreciate Zaibatsu's efforts, and those Bush supporters who have held their tongues or even encouraged other Bush supporters to let this post be what Zaibatsu intended.

Why Kerry?

Because he's not Bush. I will openly admit that that is the reason why Kerry would make a better President in my mind. Allow me to elaborate.

Because he's not Bush, he may be able to restore our alliances with the nations we've alienated. Because he's not Bush, he might not mislead the people into an unjustified war. Has anyone noticed that the word "Osama" has not been mentioned once in the speeches at the RNC? Please browse the texts of the speeches online if you don't believe this. I support freedom in Iraq. I support disarmament. I just don't think war causes peace. That's not to say war is never necessary, but it wasn't in the case of Iraq. War is a last resort. Inspections were working (how can you say "Inspections weren't working because Saddam wouldn't tell us where the nonexistent weapons were hidden?)

Inflation figures are extremely low. This is because the published inflation figures exclude housing, food, gasoline, heating fuels, and other things that the least wealthy Americans spend most of their money on. Costs for those things are up from 8-14% over the last year. Average wages are down more than half a percent in that same time period. Smaller wages and higher prices do not symbolize economic recovery to me. The middle class shoulders a larger percentage of the tax burden today than ever in our nation's history. And too many of our elderly are being forced to choose between paying for their medication and paying for their groceries. You all have said you're better off financially under President Bush. That's great, but that quite simply puts you in the minority. Here's a source (I know I will be asked) http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2004/09/inflation_data_.html This link is to excerpts from a Wall Street Journal Article. (I have verified its veracity personally, but I didn't post the full article because you have to register to read the Journal online, and I wanted it to be available to all)

Alienating our allies, misleading us into an unjustified war (rallying the people behind him in said unjustified war by exploiting the greatest tragedy in recent American history) that has led to the deaths of nearly 1,000 American troops and as much as ten times that many Iraqi Civilians (Not to mention Iraqi soldiers who died defending their own country) makes Bush about the worst candidate I can imagine.

Bush used his family's influence to avoid serving in Vietnam. John Kerry served honorably in Vietnam and subsequently served honorably in the anti-war movement. Yes, it was stupid to make that service the center of his platform. Yes, I'd like to hear more about what he would do. But I doubt that in his worst moment, he could create such a failure of American diplomacy as Bush committed by going into Iraq, pre-emptively, and without justification.

I also support women's rights. NOBODY LIKES ABORTION. Nobody is pro-abortion. But I agree with Mr. Kerry that nobody has the right to tell a woman what she must do with her body. Abortion is ugly, horrible, awful, and not MY choice. (At least when I'm not the pregnant one, which would be tough, due to the fact that I'm a guy)

Many of you also argued that Bush is a good Christian. I'm not a Christian, so such an argument is neither for me to agree with nor dispute. But how can he call himself pro-life and then go and launch an unnecessary war that costs thousands of lives? Sounds like a flip flop to me.

I'll take John Kerry because he's not George W. Bush. That's more than enough for me.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2