Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#240955 - 09/02/04 08:24 PM Kerry's "Achievements"
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Bills Sponsored by Kerry (just a few of the many)...

You know, at first I thought Dawnie was trying to help Kerry. But I've decided she must be a Bush supporter under cover. No one would post that list as evidence of someone who should be President. Nor would all those rubber chicken awards like

Quote:

1. Tri-Community Chamber of Commerce George B. Wells Award December 7, 1993 for leadership in tourism

as serious evidence of leadership. And what, like a United States Senator couldn't win a single recognition in '91, '92, or '94????

I hear air leaving the Democrat balloon.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#240956 - 09/02/04 08:39 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
You know, this is why people post anon. Just for the record, I didn't say I was voting Kerry. I just posted a list of bills he's sponsored since ya'll feel he's done nothing at all.

For the record, I'm for small business, supporting America to the same extent we do Iraq, providing medical benefits to our elderly, protection to firefighters families, protection for our reservists and military, increased homeownership for low income, protection of children and anything that enhances LIHTC programs.

Nutty of course. But that's just me.

It's interesting that in the "Pro Bush" forum you're not seeing anon's and conservatives posting back retoric as per the original request. In the Pro Kerry forum ya'll can't stay out of it. What does that say about your politics? It's all about how to hate and how to run down the competition verses finding the good in both candidates and voting for the best.

Funny thing is, ya'll haven't a clue how I'm going to vote. If you think you know, you're probably wrong.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#240957 - 09/02/04 08:41 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

Funny thing is, ya'll haven't a clue how I'm going to vote. If you think you know, you're probably wrong.

I bet I can guess in 3 or less tries!

Return to Top
#240958 - 09/02/04 08:45 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

In the Pro Kerry forum ya'll can't stay out of it

Now you're acting like a democrat and lumping all Bush supporters into the same category. Z, Markinfl and I all asked for clarification on a post, hardly a violation of the original request. MichaelP and Jokerman are the only ones posting back. This comparison would be akin to me saying that everyone who lived in Alaska eats whale blubber and lives in an igloo.

Return to Top
#240959 - 09/02/04 08:47 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

It's all about how to hate....

This term, hate, has sure been thrown around a lot. I think there has been some unnecessary denigration of BOL Dems, but I don't agree with this statement.

Return to Top
#240960 - 09/02/04 09:05 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

It's all about how to hate and how to run down the competition verses finding the good in both candidates and voting for the best.

Dawnie, it's not about hate, and I don't appreciate that attack. I simply am pointing out that all these bills Mr. Kerry has signed on to, and all the hokey awards he's been given by MA civic groups are not evidence of leadership. If they are, why is he running on Vietnam instead of his recent legislative leadership?

If we truly don't have a very good idea about for whom you will be voting, then you have presented misinformation on these threads.

Return to Top
#240961 - 09/02/04 09:20 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Dawnie, since posting that the marriage ammendment said nothing about excluding other non "marriage" concepts for those couples who are not in favor of one man, one woman was thought of as hate.... I deleted them.

Gasp, you must have a very thin skin to find being told that the ammendment specifically offered alternate unions that would not be "marriage" as hateful.

Return to Top
#240962 - 09/02/04 09:23 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Anonymous
Unregistered

And what did Bushy accomplish before he stole the 2000 election?
AWOL, DUI and mediocre Governor.

Return to Top
#240963 - 09/02/04 09:31 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

First off, the AWOL was proven WRONG.

DUI... ok, he made a mistake... gasp, even I make mistakes...

As for mediocre governor, prove it. Lets see some facts. In any case, the last four years tells under Bush tells me more about him than anything in Kerry's past. The only thing Kerry's past has shown me is that he follows the wind and the opinion of the moment...

Return to Top
#240964 - 09/02/04 09:34 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Anonymous
Unregistered

VOTE FOR KERRY / EDWARDS THIS NOVEMBER!
Go Democrats, Win!

Return to Top
#240965 - 09/02/04 09:55 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Anonymous
Unregistered

HATE...I can define HATE...it is those Dem (DAMN) protestors that knocked the NY cop off of his motocycle and then kicked and punched him outside of the RNC and now he is in the hospital. Funny I did not see all of that HATE on display out of the DNC. Repubs have a bit more LOVE than that for their country.

Return to Top
#240966 - 09/02/04 09:57 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

HATE...I can define HATE...it is those Dem (DAMN) protestors that knocked the NY cop off of his motocycle and then kicked and punched him outside of the RNC and now he is in the hospital. Funny I did not see all of that HATE on display out of the DNC. Repubs have a bit more LOVE than that for their country.

I define that as blind stupidity, not hate. These people do not have an original thought, they are listening to some "person of influence" who is telling them to go protest.

Return to Top
#240967 - 09/02/04 09:57 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
it is 2004. give it a rest about "stealing the election".

If you have proof that Bush stole the election, then give your evidence to the police. If not, drop it.

Return to Top
#240968 - 09/02/04 10:02 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Dawnie, it's not about hate, and I don't appreciate that attack. I simply am pointing out that all these bills Mr. Kerry has signed on to, and all the hokey awards he's been given by MA civic groups are not evidence of leadership. If they are, why is he running on Vietnam instead of his recent legislative leadership?

If we truly don't have a very good idea about for whom you will be voting, then you have presented misinformation on these threads.

Right on, Jokerman!

Dawnie is a demobulb, for sure and if she has not already decided to vote for Kerry - how sad is that based on her repeated posts in support of Kerry.

Anyway - back to Kerry 'achievements.' My belief is that Kerry has accomplished an enormous number of goals in his life. Who among us even thought about formulating a plan so early in life that actually ended up happening? Kerry had someone following him around with a video camera in the 60’s, intending to use the film as a back drop for a run for President. He wounded himself three times in ‘nam (or someone slightly wounded him) so that his tour could be cut short in order to join – and end up leading – the war protesters. He pretended that he was Irish for a more mass appeal within his state. His votes in the Senate were all calculated toward the goal of running for President.

Kerry is focused to the extreme, even marrying ‘money’ – twice – to enhance the achievement of the end goal. He has given up a lot in order to end up leading America. He has lost so much along the way, but the end justified the means.

Unfortunately, Kerry is now a shell of a man – he's ended up more than passingly strange - he gave up way too much along the way.

Return to Top
#240969 - 09/02/04 10:53 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

First off, the AWOL was proven WRONG.

DUI... ok, he made a mistake... gasp, even I make mistakes...

As for mediocre governor, prove it. Lets see some facts. In any case, the last four years tells under Bush tells me more about him than anything in Kerry's past. The only thing Kerry's past has shown me is that he follows the wind and the opinion of the moment...

Actually, I don't believe the AWOL charge was proven wrong; the AWOL charge was not proven. The records were destroyed so no evidence proving or disproving the charge exists.

Return to Top
#240970 - 09/02/04 11:00 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

Gasp, you must have a very thin skin to find being told that the ammendment specifically offered alternate unions that would not be "marriage" as hateful.

Michael I didn't say that your comments specifically were hateful. If you'll pop back and read you'll see this.

I believe that comments you've made in the past are significantly ugly enough to warrent comment, and when I've felt the need I've done so. Try not to equate that to everything I've ever posted if you would.

The above comments by P though are a great example. It does no good to the Republican party to have people openly name calling and bashing people for their views.

I have said more than once that I believe John Kerry is not evil incarnate. I have also said that Bush isn't either.

I've supported Bush when he was bashed by posters in regards to his relations to the oil business and when Cheney is bashed about Halliburton.

If ya'll could see through your narrow visions you'd see that some people can take an entire package and make a decision based on the whole.

Bush is better for my state. For this reason I will vote Bush but I will vote a democrat into our Senate seat to keep the balance. I don't like a lot of things that George Bush believes in. I find some of them offensive, but I do not hate the man. I do not hate his party and I do not hold blind hate for anyone who votes for or against him. As Americans, why don't you all try to do the same?

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#240971 - 09/02/04 11:38 PM Re: Kerry's "Achievements"
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Michael I didn't say that your comments specifically were hateful. If you'll pop back and read you'll see this.

I believe that comments you've made in the past are significantly ugly enough to warrent comment, and when I've felt the need I've done so. Try not to equate that to everything I've ever posted if you would.

At least it not just me, just getting to know you with the same reaction. Thanks for sharing who you really are, again and again.

Return to Top