Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#241391 - 09/03/04 07:35 PM CTR Filing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am reviewing the CTR's filed by our location year to date. I am noticing a few mistakes that should have been caught when reviewing prior to sending in. An example, the transaction date is after the date we put down as signing the CTR. I will visit with the person in charge of this day to day but is there anything we can do at this point? Should we do an amended return? We do have an upcoming exam and would like to try and remedy this if possible prior to the exam. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#241392 - 09/03/04 07:58 PM Re: CTR Filing Question
hawksfan Offline
100 Club
Iowa/Illinois
Go to the following link and call the hotline number. Most of the time you have to leave a message but they call back. Sometimes it takes a day or two.
http://www.fincen.gov/dccphoneandaddress.pdf

Return to Top
#241393 - 09/03/04 08:02 PM Re: CTR Filing Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can and will do that but was wondering if anyone has had any experience that they were willing to share in doing this? I have been stressing a little bit about this exam and I gave the daily CTR reporting up late last year and now only review periodically. I am finding a few more exceptions than I would like, I don't think they are major but not sure how examiners will see them if they select them in their sample.Thanks

Return to Top
#241394 - 09/05/04 01:02 PM Re: CTR Filing Question
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I think I would file an amendment.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z