Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#243115 - 09/10/04 01:18 PM Business Accounts For ACH Payments
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am trying to locate the NACHA rule pertaining to business checking accounts being used for personal credit card payments. Is it allowed and if so what is the liabailty for the credit card company accepting the payments???
Any insight would be helpful.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#243116 - 09/14/04 05:41 PM Re: Business Accounts For ACH Payments
Just Jean Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
That wasn't on the AAP test. If you are a member of a regional payment association, (MPX, MACHA, SWACHA etc), I would call them.

I don't think the solution is one-stop shopping. It may be parts of several rules. Sorry I'm not more help.

Return to Top
#243117 - 09/17/04 03:25 PM Re: Business Accounts For ACH Payments
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I can not locate any such specific rule. Liability in accepting the payments, as in a CIE (customer initiated entry)? Or liability in originating the debit to the business account? As long as the appropriate authorizations are in place, I see no additional liability to the credit card company.

Return to Top
#243118 - 09/17/04 06:48 PM Re: Business Accounts For ACH Payments
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
The only issue I see is if the account holder of the banking account (the business) has authorized the transaction making a payment on the personal credit card. However, if a corporate check was received and is going to be converted to an ACH entry, that would not be permitted.

The liability to the credit card company would primarly be the chargeback risk if the bank account owner had not authorized the transaction.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z