Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#244143 - 09/14/04 02:50 PM FACTA Notice Requirements & FDIC
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
It appears to me that the recently implemented Reg. V notice requirements do not cover state non-member banks (FDIC supervised). The FDIC has come out with some proposed rules that implement parts of the FACTA but I cannot seem to find either a proposal or an implemented rule for the notice requirement (section 217). I've searched the Boards and checked the FDIC site. Has the FDIC addressed this issue????

Return to Top
#244144 - 09/14/04 04:29 PM Re: FACTA Notice Requirements & FDIC
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
The statutory section of the FACT Act on these notices, Section 217, provides that "any financial institution" that extends credit and furnishes information to a nationwide CRA must give the notice. The Federal Reserve just issued the model notices which are not required, but provide a safe harbor. Section 222.1 (b)(2)(ii) of the Federal Reserve issuance provides that other financial institutions (such as FDIC-regulated banks) MAY use the model notices to comply with the notice requirement contained in the FCRA.

Return to Top
#244145 - 09/14/04 06:37 PM Re: FACTA Notice Requirements & FDIC
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Guess I should stop relying on summaries by other entities.

Thanks Ted!

Return to Top