Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#244216 - 09/15/04 03:54 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
My two-year-old has decided that she doesn't like getting dressed anymore, sometimes. Sometimes she is an angel and sometimes her body parts whip around so you can't possibly dress her (I should've named her Cybil, just kidding ). I don't even bother with pj's anymore, except if the Wiggles ones are clean.....she actually asks for those ones but my response is often "they're dirty," after which another tantrum ensues.

If she doesn't get her way, the next county will hear about it! So far, I've managed not to give in to her tantrums......yet.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#244217 - 09/15/04 04:21 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

My two-year-old has decided that she doesn't like getting dressed anymore, sometimes. Sometimes she is an angel and sometimes her body parts whip around so you can't possibly dress her

I had a friend whose daughter would take off her clothes... in the most embarrassing places...

Return to Top
#244218 - 09/15/04 04:27 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

My two-year-old has decided that she doesn't like getting dressed anymore, sometimes. Sometimes she is an angel and sometimes her body parts whip around so you can't possibly dress her

I had a friend whose daughter would take off her clothes... in the most embarrassing places...

LOL My little girl was the same way. We joke about her being the "naked baby", and even today we tease her and ask her if she is going to be a dancer when she grows up. She takes ballet lessons, but whenever the adults ask the question we are sharing the inside joke that she was the youngest stripper in history. Thank goodness she has outgrown her "I want to be naked" phase.

Return to Top
#244219 - 09/15/04 04:34 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
One beautiful 10 year old girl who has been an angel from day one! Believe me I know I have been blessed! She has never liked loud noises, more so when she was small, so all we had to do was raise our voices and she fell to pieces! I can only remember one trantrum in a resturant where we had to carry her to the car to calm down. After she can back to the table and apologized for her bad "havior".

Return to Top
#244220 - 09/15/04 04:40 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Carrieb, I would probably buy more Wiggles pj's! We had that same issue with Dora pj's earlier this summer...but we didn't cave in either. Some nights she wears a dress to bed because she refuses to wear what is in her dresser.

Today at our house it was no socks, no shoes, no jacket...no way! Let's just say the piggies were a little cold by the time we got to daycare and she "allowed" me to at least put on her socks, but her shoes and jacket went in her cubby. I figured it wasn't one to battle over as she will probably take them off anyway.

I did find a book last night about raising a strong willed child and it starts off at age 2!

Return to Top
#244221 - 09/15/04 04:43 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I did find a book last night about raising a strong willed child and it starts off at age 2!

The Strong Willed Child by James Dobson?

Return to Top
#244222 - 09/15/04 04:54 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I don't think that was the author's name. I will check at lunch. I haven't started it yet but it looked interesting.

Return to Top
#244223 - 09/15/04 04:58 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
Quote:

Carrieb, I would probably buy more Wiggles pj's! We had that same issue with Dora pj's earlier this summer...but we didn't cave in either. Some nights she wears a dress to bed because she refuses to wear what is in her dresser.

Last night it was her shirt and a diaper! She wanted me to buy her some Dora jammies the other day but I didn't because I know she wouldn't wear them. She picked out some Care Bears ones a couple of weeks ago and she has yet to wear them. It's Wiggles or nothing!

It's funny....how do they get these ideas in their little minds? I bought her a Care Bears Haloween costume and we put it on last night to suprise daddy. She wouldn't take the darn thing off!! I was afraid she would overheat! She took it off, for fun, and wanted it back on. When I said "no," she started screaming "jacket, jacket!"

It's frustrating because up until now, she's been perfect. Now, within the last couple of weeks, she's starting to be very opinionated! She's still good 90% of the time but the other 10%, look out.

Return to Top
#244224 - 09/15/04 05:20 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
mrenderman Offline
100 Club
mrenderman
Wisconsin
Boomermom,
I can relate to the 16 year old daughter. My daughter will be 16 on the 28th and she is a very intelligent and beautiful young lady, but also very challenging. And to top that off, I have two boys, ages 9 and 4 to add to that. Sometimes I don't know if I am coming or going.

Return to Top
#244225 - 09/15/04 05:25 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
cbu3 Offline
Gold Star
CA
Quote:

My son is 20 and my daughter is 16. Oh, nothing like a teen-age girl!!!!

My son is 17, and my daughter is 15 - and I fully understand "nothing like a teen-age girl," Boomermom! I am almost certain that I wasn't this challenging to my parents (as I polish my halo )!

Return to Top
#244226 - 09/15/04 05:37 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Kels has Care Bears bedding and it is a nightmare to try to get it off to wash. I usually have to do it at lunch. She has been this way since birth, though. Should have known when she did the flip between the short few hours of my Dr appt and being admitted. The Dr and nurse moved her back and she went breach again within 30 minutes. I guess the writing was on the wall!

Return to Top
#244227 - 09/15/04 05:56 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Quote:

I don't think that was the author's name. I will check at lunch. I haven't started it yet but it looked interesting.

Let me know how you like the book! It sounds like something I might be interested in.

Return to Top
#244228 - 09/15/04 07:36 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
The book is called "Setting Limits with your Strong-willed Child" by Robert J. MacKenzie, Ed.D.

It should be interesting, but may not answer all questions.

Return to Top
#244229 - 09/15/04 07:42 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Let me know how you like the book! It sounds like something I might be interested in.

The Strong Willed Child: Birth through Adolescence by Dr. James Dobson

This book was recently redone by Dr. Dobson who was among the first in the field to discuss what a strong willed child was, and to step away from the idea that children are a tabula rasa (blank slate) that conform to their environment.

Return to Top
#244230 - 09/15/04 07:43 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Wow, as of this moment, we have 483 children!

Return to Top
#244231 - 09/15/04 08:02 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
and who's their daddy????

Return to Top
#244232 - 09/15/04 08:04 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Dobson is awesome. He says that there is a fine line between molding that spirit and breaking it. I love the book Michael is talking about, as well as many of his others. Frankly, it's the only thing that got me through our middle sons early life.

Return to Top
#244233 - 09/15/04 09:10 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

Quote:

My son is 20 and my daughter is 16. Oh, nothing like a teen-age girl!!!!

My son is 17, and my daughter is 15 - and I fully understand "nothing like a teen-age girl," Boomermom! I am almost certain that I wasn't this challenging to my parents (as I polish my halo )!

Even when she was little her best friend was at least a year older. Now, she runs around with almost all seniors that are 17-18. It's hard trying to keep her 16! Worse thing is that when she fixes up (she has been in pageants) she can look 20!

Return to Top
#244234 - 09/15/04 10:56 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Wow, as of this moment, we have 483 children!

Make that 485 - I have a boy and a baby girl. The girl is way more clear about her personality (at 8 months) than her brother ever was

Return to Top
#244235 - 09/16/04 05:24 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Paragon is my Daddy, let me make that perfectly clear... Y'all find your own Daddy.

Return to Top
#244236 - 09/16/04 06:45 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
Mine are 10, 6, and 3 1/2 and they are all different as night as day. I was doing some shopping last night and only had the 10 and 6 year olds with me and they were worse than the 3 1/2 year old would have been (which I told them several times during the outing).

I was surprised to see only 14% with 3 children - there are a lot of families in our city with 3 children.

Return to Top
#244237 - 09/16/04 06:55 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Quote:

I was surprised to see only 14% with 3 children - there are a lot of families in our city with 3 children.

At the time my husband worked out of town and would go for a week at a time not seeing the kids awake. Since I was working full time I didn't want to juggle three. Plus he is a school teacher (and coach at the time) and me working at a bank - we had no money for daycare! We also got a late start.

Return to Top
#244238 - 09/16/04 06:57 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Quote:

Quote:

Paragon is my Daddy, let me make that perfectly clear... Y'all find your own Daddy.

Glad to hear that your Daddy is not mass producing!!!!

Return to Top
#244239 - 09/16/04 07:09 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
I have really gotten a kick out of all your stories about your kids. Let me tell you about mine--My son is 40 years old and is a minister and my daughter is 38 years old and the Human Resources Director for a Renaissance Hotel. Y'all keep your chin up, because--Remember that old phrase "What goes around--comes around!"? I can testify it is true. My son has a 21 year old daughter and an 18 year old daughter and my daughter has an 11 year old daughter and a 3 month old son. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I have had laughing at my son and daughter's reactions to their kids and their hijinks.

These kinds of paybacks are truly satisfying!!!

Return to Top
#244240 - 09/16/04 08:10 PM Re: How many kids do you have?
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
To combine this thread with the favorite comedians thread, remember Bill Cosby's 'curse' on his children?...

May you have children just like you!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3