Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#24527 - 07/19/02 02:12 PM AAP Certification Test
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
I am scheduled to take the AAP (Accredited ACH Professional) certification test in October and I'm beginning to get a little nervous since the pass rate is only 65%. I know this is a bit removed from compliance, but I was wondering if anyone out there has taken the test and might have some suggestions for preparation.

Our local ACH organization has offered to organize a study group but since there are only 4 in my area scheduled for the test, I don't know if this will happen.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#24528 - 07/22/02 09:56 PM Re: AAP Certification Test
Just Jean Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
I am also taking the test in October. Does your Regional Payment Association offer any seminars? Mine is offering a full day rules review and a two-day exam prep session. I haven't signed up for the test but they are supposed to send a study guide also. According to our contact at our regional payment association, a lot of the failure rate is due to persons taking the test without any prior banking experience who don't have an overall understanding of banking or of ACH. They recommend a minimum of 2 years banking experience.

I am also somewhat worried about the test as I don't deal directly with ACH on a daily basis.

Return to Top
#24529 - 07/22/02 11:06 PM Re: AAP Certification Test
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
My regional association isn't planning on anything formal, I think because there aren't the numbers to support it. I've got all the study materials, but I'm just wondering if that is enough. I've heard people say that you really should attend a Payments Institute in preparation. I'm not planning on that (the compliance budget won't allow it!). So, I'm on my own. I've got plenty of banking experience but have only become involved in ACH in the last year or so. But, I figure studying for the AAP exam is a great way to learn more!

I guess my biggest question is whether you can pass the test from studying only the Rules, Compliance Manual, etc. that they recommend, or is there outside information that is needed.

Thanks for the info! That's more than I had!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett