Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#247472 - 09/21/04 09:50 PM Signature cards and refer to maker
Platform Queen Offline
Ormond Beach, Florida
We have a customer that does not sign checks in her legal name. She prefers to sign with her first initial and last name. When her signature card was printed it was done in her legal name and she signed first initial and last name. Is this a good practice? I have been told that she is required to sign in her legal name and the aka.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#247473 - 09/22/04 12:47 AM Re: Signature cards and refer to maker
Banker Boy Online
Banker Boy
Florida
What would you do if the person's signature was very sloppy and you were unable to make out their name from their signature? Happens quite often.

Return to Top
#247474 - 09/22/04 02:19 PM Re: Signature cards and refer to maker
Platform Queen Offline
Ormond Beach, Florida
This is my situation. When the account was opened the signature card was printed in her legal name. She signed it with a first initial and her last name. My compliance officer insists that she must sign the signature card in her legal name and the customer is refusing to do so. She wants the first initial and last name to remain on record.

Return to Top
#247475 - 09/22/04 06:15 PM Re: Signature cards and refer to maker
Wore Out Offline
Platinum Poster
Wore Out
Kentucky
Article 3 of the UCC says that "signed" can be a mark, thumprint, printed letters, typed, or stamped. It may be wise to have her sign the signature card both ways in case fraud rears it's ugly head.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett