Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#248074 - 09/23/04 02:43 PM Written Notification
Anonymous
Unregistered

Am I correct in thinking that written notification of the results of a Reg E dispute is only required when the bank determines no error or different error occured?

My audit supervisor is saying we have to send them a written notice (separate from their statement)even if we determine the transaction was unauthorized.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#248075 - 09/23/04 05:49 PM Re: Written Notification
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

My audit supervisor is saying we have to send them a written notice (separate from their statement)even if we determine the transaction was unauthorized.

205.11(d) applies when no error or a different error occurred. The written explanation requirement is under this at (d)(1). So it doesn't apply if there was no error.

But for the record, I like to see a letter go out to close the case. It defines what happened, why and provides an accounting of what was paid and why. It is a solid audit trail and follows the KISS method. Using template letters this should not be a burden, considering the accountability benefits. You may be less restrictive of the total content of the letter and the timing to make things easier.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z