Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#249234 - 09/27/04 01:17 PM PUSH v PULL
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
I am curious whether you PUSH or PULL statements? And if you first PUSHED and then decided to PULL... why did you switch?

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#249235 - 09/29/04 03:24 PM Re: PUSH v PULL
SusyG Offline
100 Club
At first, we pushed only, now we offer either way. Pull is much more reliable. When you are e-mailing statements, they can be stopped for one reason or another at the ISP or the customer's mail box is full or has limitations on the size of attachments it can receive. We started recommending the "pull" method as soon as we could get the technology set up. As the person that has to handle any problems that come up with e-statements, PULL is definitely the best way to go.

Return to Top
#249236 - 09/29/04 04:52 PM Re: PUSH v PULL
bb Offline
100 Club
Big XII
Old job - we offered both and actually pushed (no pun intended) the "push" method. In the early stages of our offering e-statements to our customers, if the customer signed up for the "pull" method, they would receive an email each day they did not log on to our website and go "get their statement."

New job - we offer "pull" only. From an internal audit and external examiner standpoint, they seem to prefer that method. They like the fact that the customer has to log on to a secure website with a unique user code and password rather than sending an encrypted email attachment.

I have received statements both ways and I prefer the "pull" method.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z