Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#249440 - 09/27/04 04:47 PM APRWIN for APR Calcs
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The OCC site has version 5.0 of the APRWIN APR calculation software available. Version 6 had been available. It was updated to meet the needs of a few isolated banks which had trouble installing 5.0. There were no content/calculation changes made.

Some bugs have been found in 6.0 which may make the resulting calculations unreliable. If 5.0 was working for you, you should consider going back to that version. If you are using 6.0, you should verify your results in another manner. I do not have the particulars on exactly what issues were found. If you can use only 6.0, you may want to contact the OCC.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#249441 - 09/29/04 01:09 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy, I have version 5.0 of the APRWIN calculator loaded on my PC. I need to use the program to calculate some possible reimbursements. The reimbursement screen in the program is confusing. Do you know where I can get details as to how to read this screen. Thanks

Return to Top
#249442 - 09/29/04 01:12 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
You can probably email your question directly, scroll to the bottom of the page...
OCC APY

Return to Top
#249443 - 09/30/04 03:26 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Call your regulator or the OCC and ask them for information/assistance. They'll be more than happy to assist and no, they don't have a pad next to the phone where they log who called and set your next exam date off that.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#249444 - 09/30/04 05:24 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Saying you're confused by the software indicates that you've had very little experience with reimbursements. This is a high risk topic and you should consider engaging an experienced advisor to help you get through the project.

If you reimburse even one account, you will have to respond affirmatively to your regulator's next pre-exam questionnaire. That flags TIL for additional review, opening the door to even more trouble. It's good business to get a second opinion before volunteering for this painful treatment.

If you reimburse too much, you don't buy any greater protection and there's no way to get the money back from affected customers if you later discover your errors.

If you reimburse too little, you don't cure the violations and stop the civil liability under the TILA. In addition, your regulator will probably detect the underpayment and order you to reimburse more. Correcting a correction will surely damage your reputation in the eyes of affected customers.

Your greatest risk is that the underlying cause(s) of the disclosure errors are not identified and fully excised.

Return to Top
#249445 - 10/22/04 03:31 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone confirmed version 6.0 could be inaccurate? I emailed the APRWIN email 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything back.

Return to Top
#249446 - 11/03/04 06:00 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Yes. That is why they pulled it. It can have a problem counting days and that distorts the APR.

Return to Top
#249447 - 12/02/04 10:49 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Anonymous
Unregistered

The 5.0 version is not calculating APRs correctly either. I have tried multiple times and have redownloaded the program numerous times with inaccurate results.

Return to Top
#249448 - 12/03/04 01:34 AM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Perhaps you could give us all the relevant information about the disclosure you're testing so we can figure out what's wrong?

Return to Top
#249449 - 12/03/04 04:13 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
While you can always call the OCC for tech support, Jack H. is having a webinar on this program on Dec. 17. And it hasn't been added to the promotion yet but we should have an OCC regulator speaking with him. They'll discuss proper uses, input, output, common problems, etc...

This is a great time to get benefit of formal training and trouble-shooting. I would put this in the "an ounce of prevention" category so that when you need to use the tool, you aren't behind a learning curve.
Last edited by Andy Z; 12/03/04 04:28 PM.

Return to Top
#839862 - 10/22/07 07:42 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs Andy_Z
VSS Offline
New Poster
I know this is an old thread, but can you please tell me if errors in APRWIN 6 have been corrected with version 6.1? Thank you.

Return to Top
#840520 - 10/23/07 06:01 PM Re: APRWIN for APR Calcs VSS
Dollye7 Offline
Gold Star
Dollye7
Southwest USA
To my knowledge 6.1 is accurate. When I find a TIL reimbursement I get at least one other user to verify the calculations on APRWIN 6.1. We get consistant calculations that agree as long as we can agree on the prepaids. ;-)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z