Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#24983 - 07/23/02 05:57 PM BSA quiz
Ms Auditor Offline
100 Club
Upstate NY
Would anyone out there be willing to share a BSA quiz that is given to employees? I'm looking for something that I could use bankwide, from the CEO on down.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#24984 - 07/23/02 06:04 PM Re: BSA quiz
SPF36 Offline
New Poster
SPF36
We've used BTCC for training material and they have a "comprehensive" BSA training video which includes a workbook and test/quiz to ensure an understanding of the materials presented. You can access them via the web at www.btcc.com. To purchase a video is rather pricey, we have an agreement with them and are allowed access to the library of videos for a monthly fee.

Return to Top
#24985 - 07/23/02 09:26 PM Re: BSA quiz
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
This may depend on your corporate culture, but look at the training ideas BOL has. One is here.
Another is here.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#24986 - 07/23/02 11:18 PM Re: BSA quiz
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
I would avoid a one-size-fits all because all do not perform the same jobs. Tellers won't care much about the new PATRIOT Act identification rules if they don't open new accounts, while CSRs could care less about the fine points of filling out CTRs if that's done on the teller line. Execs won't do any of these tasks, but need to understand the big picture so they can budget for it. Directors need to understand the ultra-high risk profile, the 4-point BSA program regs, and the stratospheric view of SAR filing.

Return to Top
#24987 - 07/24/02 02:46 AM Re: BSA quiz
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
I have to agree with Richard that the training must be tailored to the employee function. In a perfect world (mine's not there yet!) each employee would receive training targeted specifically toward what they do. We are working from this approach and have a contract with a company for a total of 15 different internet-based training modules, of which I have the ability to assign any combination of modules to an employee based on job description. This has helped fine tune our training. We also do some all-employee live training which everyone loves.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett